Categories: Mobile Apps
Thinking about building a mobile app and want a quick window into who uses them, how and for how long? We’ve put together an epic list of mobile app stats for you.
Mobile app stats – user:
- 21% of Millennials have an app they open 50+ times a day.
- 76% of Millennials say their phone would be useless without apps.
- Amazon is the app used by the most Millennials
- Users spend 2.3 hours daily on mobile digital media.
- 90% of mobile media time is spent in apps.
- 50% of users check their phone first thing when they wake up.
- 91% of users go to their phone for ideas during a task.
Mobile app stats – conversion:
- Apps convert 3X more than mobile sites.
- 90% of users use their phone for “showrooming”.
- Functionality is the main reason users download an app.
- 63% of Millennials allow push notifications even though 71% dislike them.
- 43% of all users will allow push notifications.
- 90% of US mobile users keep location services switched on.
- 60% of wearable tech users are happy to share their data with Google.
- Location-based marketing campaigns deliver solid ROI.
- Mobile coupons and offers are used 10x more than print versions.
Mobile app stats – retention:
- Most users have 9 apps they use every day.
- When a user launches your app for the first time you have 20 seconds to impress them.
- App retention is all about the first 72 hours.
- App users have almost 100 apps installed, but use only 40 every month .
- Users use Entertainment and Communication apps the most, followed by Music apps and Multimedia and Games apps.
- 83% of mobile users demand a seamless experience across devices.
- Music streaming app revenues have overtaken physical album revenues.
- App use peaks in the evening “prime time”, with another peak in the morning.
- 49% of Millennials will stop using an app that drains their battery.
- 62% of users will uninstall an app that doesn’t work as expected.
- 70% of users will abandon an app if it takes too long to load.
- 29% of users immediately abandon an app if it’s not useful.
Mobile app stats – design:
- 24% of apps have a blue icon.
- 21% of Millennials will delete an app if they hate the icon.
- 58% of users get annoyed by lack of design consistency.
- 17% of people get frustrated by the time it takes to enter payment details.
Mobile app stats – iOS vs Android:
- In 2016 App Store users downloaded 25 billion apps and Android users 90 billion.
- There are 3.5 million Android apps and 2.2 million iOS apps.
- In Q2 2016 52% of iOS apps and 23% of Android apps crashed.
- In May 2018, 54.4% of US users were using an Android device.
- iOS users spend twice as much on apps as Android users.
- Android and iOS account for 99.7% of all mobile devices shipped.
- 90% of iOS devices and just 0.5% of Android devices are running the latest version.
Ready to build your mobile app? Drop us a line!